Toddlers can be tricky when it comes to feeding them. Chicken strips might be their favourite food today, but tomorrow they won’t want anything to do with it. Tempt your tot with one of these two yummy options – they simply won’t be able to refuse (hopefully).
Crispy chicken fingers
- ½ cup plain low-fat yoghurt
- 1 tsp mixed dried herbs
- ½ tsp Herbamare herbal salt seasoning
- 1 ½ cups cornflakes, crushed
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 (approx. 880g) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 200° and grease a baking tray.
- Combine the yoghurt, herbs and seasoning.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cornflakes and cheese.
- Roll the chicken strips in yoghurt and then coat them in the crumb mixture.
- Place the chicken strips on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes until cooked through and crispy.
- Serve with seasonal roast veggies.
Cheats spaghetti and meat balls
- 8 – 12 pre-cooked meatballs
- 800g bottle tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup roast veggies
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 250g wholewheat spaghetti
- 50g cheese (optional)
- Boil the pasta in salted water until al dente, drain and refresh.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the pasta sauce with the roast veggies and meatballs.
- To serve, toss the spaghetti with the meatballs and sauce, and serve in bowls with basil and cheese.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.