Running out of lunchbox and snack ideas for your little one? We know how fussy they can be. Try these pizza roll ups. Your kids will love them!
*Preparation time: 15 min
*Cooking time: 5 min
*Makes 10 portions
- 10 slices Sasko Low GI White Bread
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g tin tomatoes, chopped
- 15g basil leaves
- 1 tsp sugar
- Olive oil
- 200g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 25g parsley, chopped
- 100g Mozzarella, grated
- 100g full fat cream cheese
- 50g butter at room temperature
- Micro basil cress
- Roll out the bread and remove the crust.
- Fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Cook for 15 min until the sauce thickens.
- Add the basil and blend.
- Mix the grated Parmesan and chopped parsley together and season with salt and pepper.
Assembling your pizza roll up:
- Place the rolled out bread on a baking tray.
- Mix the Mozzarella and cream cheese together.
- Spread the sauce on the bread and top with the Mozzarella and cream cheese mixture.
- Roll up your pizza. Brush with melted butter and dust with Parmesan crust.
- Bake at 180°C for 15 min.
- Cut into 3 pieces and garnish with micro basil.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.