Don’t know what to make for lunch? Even the pickiest of eater will enjoy these fun pizza dogs.
- 150g bacon, diced
- 1 sachet (40g) All Gold Tomato Paste
- ½ green pepper, finely diced
- 5ml ground coriander
- 30ml white Cheddar cheese
- 1 packet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese, halved on the angle
- 8 Enterprise Smoked Viennas
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a small frying pan, sauté the bacon pieces for five minutes or until just crisp, add the All Gold Tomato Paste, green pepper, coriander and Cheddar cheese. Cook, stirring often, over medium heat for five minutes. Cool.
- Unroll the dough. Cut it into eight rectangles, and spread an equal amount of sauce over each rectangle. Top with a half slice of cheese.
- Place an Enterprise Smoked Vienna at the short end of the rectangle and roll up the dough to enclose it. Transfer to a baking sheet, laying seam side down.
- Bake on the lower rack of the oven for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.