Peppadew pickled jalapeño con queso is a deliciously spicy dip served hot and scooped onto crispy corn chips.
- 15ml vegetable oil
- 1 green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 60ml Peppadew Jalapeños, drained and finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 500g cream cheese
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the green pepper, onion, jalapeños and garlic until the onion softens. Add the tomatoes and cook until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the cheese and stir in until it melts and the dip is smooth.
- Serve at once with crispy corn chips.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.