This festive season, spoil your children with something fruity, delectable, divine and delicious that will become a firm family favourite.
*Serves 16 people
Ingredients for the peach swirl ice cream:
- 1 litre vanilla ice cream
- 250ml (1 cup) All Gold Mixed Fruit Jam
- 1 can (410g) Koo Peach Slices In Syrup, drained and finely chopped
Ingredients for cookies:
- 200g (1 cup) white sugar
- 240g (2 cups) Golden Cloud Cake Wheat Flour
- 250ml (1 cup) Crosse & Blackwell Tangy Mayonnaise
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) Black Cat Smooth Peanut Butter
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) bicarbonate of soda
- A pinch of salt
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla essence
- For the ice cream: Soften ice cream slightly, mix in chopped Koo Peaches, and return to the freezer to harden slightly.
- Remove from freezer, scoop vanilla ice cream into a loaf pan, drop dollops of All Gold Mixed Fruit Jam between each scoop.
- For the cookies: Preheat oven to 180°C. Mix together the sugar, flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Add the mayonnaise, peanut butter and vanilla essence. Mix together well.
- Shape into walnut-sized balls. (The dough will be crumbly). Press down with a fork, sprinkle with sugar. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool completely and sandwich cookies together with scoops of ice cream. Serve immediately.
For more mouth-watering recipes visit www.koo.co.za.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.