- 1 Packet Sasko Quick Treats Cookie Mix
- 140g butter
- 1 extra large egg
- 115g chocolate chips
- Cinnamon to serve
Milk tart filling
- 1 extra large egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp cornflour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp butter
- Make the chocolate chip cookie dough as per the instructions on the Quick Treats Cookie Mix packet.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease 2 muffin baking-trays.
- Divide the dough into 16 evenly sized balls, each about the size of a golf ball.
- Press the balls into the muffin cups, pushing the dough around the base and up ¾ of the height of the sides of each cup to form little cookie cups.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for approximately 12 minutes or until golden around the edges. If the centres of the cups rise slightly during baking, simply press them back down with a spoon.
- Allow to cool before removing from the muffin tray and placing on a cooling rack.
To make the milk tart filling
- Whisk the eggs, sugar and cornflour together in a bowl.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan and, once hot, remove from the heat and add to the egg mixture a tablespoon at a time, whisking constantly, until combined. If you don’t add the milk a tablespoon at a time the eggs will cook and separate in the mixture and you’ll end up with sweet scrambled eggs.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan, place back on medium heat and whisk constantly until you achieve a thickened custard, approx. 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter and vanilla essence before filling the cookie cups with the milk tart mixture and leaving them to set.
- Once set, sprinkle over a little cinnamon and serve.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.