- 1cup cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp Weigh-less Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup skim milk
- 2 tbsp fat-free yoghurt
- Weigh-less Non-Stick Spray
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together into a mixing bowl.
- Add the yoghurt, egg and half the butter.
- Slowly add the milk while mixing to form soft dough.
- Kneed well on a floured surface.
- Place back in a bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Leave in a warm area to rise for 1½ hours.
- Divide the dough into six even sized pieces and roll into thick pancakes.
- Coat a large baking tray with non-stick spray and brush the remaining oil and butter on each side of the bread.
- Dust with poppy seeds and bake in a 200°C oven for 10 minutes.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.