This is a ridiculously decadent chocolate spread – a must-have for killing those chocolate cravings with a raw cacao antioxidant boost and healthy hazelnut omega threes.
- 180g hazelnuts
- 20g raw cacao powder
- 20g honey or maple syrup
- Pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- 40ml coconut oil
- Bake the hazelnuts at 200°C for a few minutes (watch carefully that they don’t burn). Take out of the oven and allow to cool.
- Place the cooled nuts in the food processor and process until a meal forms.
- Add the cacao, honey or syrup and salt, then blend again.
- With the food processor still on, slowly add the oil until you reach the consistency you like most to use as a spread.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.