- 30ml lemon juice
- 60ml apple juice
- 60ml honey (option – only for children over one year)
- Handful of freshly chopped mint leaves
- 30ml cinnamon
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored and quartered
- 2 bananas, sliced lengthways and quartered
- ½ pineapple, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 mango, roughly chopped
- 2 naartjies, segmented
- 2 plums, stoned and quartered
- 5 strawberries, halved
In a large salad bowl, combine the lemon and apple juice. Add the cinnamon, honey and mint. Add the apples first and toss them in juice – the lemon juice will prevent them from browning. Then add the rest of the fruits Toss to coat the fruit well and chill, covered, in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.