It has been almost 2 weeks since the last time you were able to set foot in your favourite coffee shop and indulge in a piece of cheesecake. Don’t stress – curb your craving with this easy homemade baked cheesecake recipe.
- 150g butter, melted and cooled
- 250g ginger biscuits
- 150g castor sugar
- 3 tbs corn starch
- 900g cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 XL eggs, room temperature
- 125ml sour cream, room temperature
- 1 tbs Staffords Vanilla Extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ⅔ cup Staffords Lemon Curd, chilled
- Seasonal berries, for serving
How to make your cheesecake:
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line the bottom and sides of a 24cm springform cake tin.
- Pulse ginger biscuits in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add butter and pulse until mixture is the consistency of wet sand.
- Lightly press biscuit mix into the base of the prepared tin and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Pulse sugar and corn starch in food processor. Add cream cheese and pulse, occasionally scraping down sides, until smooth.
- Crack in the eggs and mix well.
- Finally add the sour cream, vanilla and lemon zest. Pulse until smooth and well combined.
- Scrape filling into cooled crust and bake cheesecake until edges are set but centre is still a bit wobbly (about 45 minutes).
- Let cheesecake cool at room temperature.
- Spread cheesecake with lemon curd and then place in the fridge overnight or for a few hours until cool and well set.
- Serve slices topped with fresh berries.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.