Moms, we found the perfect recipe to sneak some veggies in your little one’s diet. Try this delicious homemade pie with Koo curried mixed vegetables – they won’t even miss their fish fingers.
- 400g frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 50g butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can (410g) KOO Mixed Vegetables in Cape Malay Curry Sauce
- 50g (1 cup) grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Boil potatoes until done. Add butter to potatoes, season with salt and pepper and mash well until smooth.
- Add KOO Mixed Vegetables in Cape Malay Curry Sauce and mix with mashed potatoes. Add
- Cheese and mix well.
- Roll the pastry slightly out onto a lightly floured working surface, using a rolling pin.
- Spoon the vegetable mash onto one half of the pastry sheet. Moisten the edges with water and fold the pastry over the vegetable filling. Stick the edges together, pressing down with a fork to seal.
- Brush the top of pie with egg wash. Transfer the pie onto a baking sheet. Bake in oven until pie is golden and flaky.
- Serve with a salad.
KOO curried mixed vegetables in Durban Curry sauce retails for approximately R17.99 and is available from retailers and supermarkets across the country. Visit www.koo.co.za for more recipes.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.