- 2 leeks, washed and sliced
- 250g button mushrooms, sliced
- 100g butter
- 100g flour
- 500ml chicken stock
- 500ml low-fat milk
- 1 whole chicken, cooked and shredded
- Salt and pepper
- 6 sheets phyllo pastry
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Lightly fry the leeks and mushrooms, and set aside.
- Make a white sauce (roux) with the butter, flour and milk. Once the mixture has thickened, add the chicken stock.
- Remove from the heat and add the mushrooms, leeks and cooked chicken.
- Grease a large dish and layer 4 sheets of phylo pastry, brushing each piece with olive oil and reserving 2 sheets for the top.
- Place the chicken mixture into the dish, and fold the overhanging pieces of pastry over the top.
- Place the last two pieces of phylo over the top, scrunching them slightly to make it look more appealing.
- Cook for about 40 minutes.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.