Recipe by Zola Nene
*Makes 12 brownies
- 250g melted butter
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup cocoa
- ¾ cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 375g chopped chocolate
- 125g chocolate flavour crunchalots
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the caster sugar, eggs, vanilla essence and melted butter together until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the flour, cocoa and salt and mix until a batter forms.
- Add the chopped chocolate and chocolate flavoured crunchalots, then mix.
- Pour the mixture into a lined square baking tin and bake for 30 minutes. The brownies should still be slightly gooey inside.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.