Florentine is a fancy name for foods served with spinach. Take your pesto pasta up a notch by adding spinach and grilled chicken as a side. You’ll be easily transported to an Italian countryside cafe!
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 ½ tbsp pesto
- 2 tbsp olive oil or chilli oil
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp fresh cream
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 250g Pasta Joy linguine pasta
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted, boiling water for roughly 8 minutes until al dente. Drain water from the pasta.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium to low heat. Add pesto, onion, spinach, salt and pepper. Cook about 5 minutes, or until onions are soft. Swirl in cream and bring to a slight boil.
- Add pasta into the pot and swirl around in pesto sauce until coated. Adjust seasoning and stir in grated cheese.
- Serve alongside grilled chicken breasts.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.