Forget takeaways, rather make your own curry at home. We show you how to whip up a delicious baked beef curry in no time at all.
- 2 onions, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 500g stewing beef, cubed
- 400g jar Peppadew Piquanté Pepper and Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 1 tbsp masala (as hot or as mild as you like)
- 2 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp dried curry leaves
- 500ml rich beef stock
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Fry the onions until soft, and then place in a lidded casserole dish. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the potatoes. Stir to combine, cover and bake in the oven for 1½ hours.
- Add the potatoes after 1 hour. Check the curry for the liquid consistency while it cooks, and taste for salt near the end of cooking.
- Serve with naan bread and sambals. Click here for an easy naan bread recipe.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.