Makes 20 – 25 cookies
Difficulty level: Easy
Duration: 30 mins
- 360g (3 cups) cake flour
- 3ml baking powder
- 2,5ml (½ tsp) salt
- 220g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g (1 cup) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 10ml (2 tsp) vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Place the softened butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on high speed until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and beat to incorporate.
- Reduce the speed to low and slowly add the flour, beating well until combined and a soft dough forms.
- Remove dough from bowl, divide in half, place between two sheets of baking paper and roll out to a 5mm thickness per batch. Use a hedgehog cookie cutter to cut out your shapes. You can also use leave shapes or any other animal shapes you have that will fit into the theme.
- Place the cookies on the baking tray and bake in the preheated oven until crisp and golden, 10 – 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool and then decorate with melted brown and white chocolate.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.