You don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen to prepare a delicious meal for your family. This 5-minute cheat’s pizza will become one of your favourite quick dinner recipes!
- 6 small wholewheat or plain wraps
- 1 cup tomato purée
- 1 small carrot, peeled and finely grated
- 1 tsp dried oregano (optional)
- 3 cups mozzarella, grated
- 2 sausages of your choice, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the wraps on a baking tray and bake for about 5 minutes until crisp.
- Heat the tomato purée, carrot and oregano on medium-high for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the pizza bases with the tomato sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Top with sausages.
Bake under a hot grill for about 5 minutes until the cheese is bubbling. Serve topped with avocado.
- Kids will enjoy sausages like frankfurters or cooked boerewors.
- For an adult version, try chorizo and scatter over rocket and peppadews.
- Use a vegetable peeler to make trendy avo shavings.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.