1. Secure a resistance band under your feet, holding the other end in one hand.
2. Standing with your knees and torso bent, slowly raise your arm up and out to the side, until shoulder height.
3. Hold for a moment then return to the starting position. Aim for 2 sets of 12-15 reps depending on your fitness level.
1. Lie on the ground with your feet lifted onto a ball at 90 degrees.
2. Keeping your torso and butt tight, lift off the ground to form a straight line from your knees to your chin.
3. Hold for a moment then lower back down. Aim for 2 sets of 10-15 reps.
Click here for more fitness tips and exercises from Fitness expert, Lisa Raleigh.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals.