- 4 potatoes
- 15ml oil
Ingredients for creamy chicken
- 15ml oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200g chicken fillets, sliced
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ green pepper, deseeded and diced
- ½ red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 250ml readymade white sauce
- 50g + 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and milled black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Rub the potatoes with 15ml oil and wrap in foil.
- Bake in the oven for 60 – 80 minutes or until the potatoes are crispy on the outside and cooked on the inside.
- Make a crisscross in each potato – don’t cut all the way through the potato.
- Divide the creamy chicken mixture between the potatoes and top with the remaining 50g cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Serve with a side salad.
How to make the creamy chicken
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion for 3-4 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat and fry the chicken for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and peppers and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the white sauce and 50g of the cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.