Did you know potatoes are a good source of Vitamin B6, with one medium potato providing 10% of the recommended daily value. Instead of using a traditional flour pizza base, try this yummy potato pizza. Your kids will love it.
*Makes 1 large pizza
- 1 cup pecorino cheese, finely grated
- 2 potatoes, peeled
- 1½ cups mozzarella, grated
- ½ cup pineapple, chopped
- 70g thinly sliced salami
- Black olives, sliced into 12 rings
- 2 Cheddar slices
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Use 2/3 of the pecorino to form a 30cm circle on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Thinly slice the potatoes (a mandolinE works best) and place on the pecorino circle, overlapping
slightly. Season and sprinkle over the remaining pecorino. Bake for about 35 minutes until potatoes are cooked.
- Roll 2 x 1 tbsp of the mozzarella into balls. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and pineapple over the potato
pizza. Top with the salami to cover ¾ of the pizza. Place the 2 mozzarella balls in the middle on the salami and top each with an olive slice. Place remaining olives to create eyebrows.
- Cut Cheddar into a large and small triangle and add below the eyes as a beak. Bake for about
5 minutes until cheese has melted.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals.