For the nests
- 200g milk chocolate, chopped
- 1½ cups Kellogg’s All-Bran Flakes
- 3 tbsp coconut flakes, lightly toasted
For the chicks
- 4 tsp butter
- 1 1/3 cups white mini-marshmallows
- 1¾ cups Rice Krispies
- Sweets, for decorating
- Melted white chocolate, to use as glue
Make your own healthy gummies with this easy recipe
- For the nests, heat the chocolate in the microwave for about two minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until just melted. Mix the bran flakes through.
- Grease a jumbo muffin pan and divide the cereal mixture between six of the cups, making a slight indentation in the centre to create nests. Leave in the fridge for about 30 minutes until hard.
- Remove the nests with a sharp knife and sprinkle over the coconut.
- For the chicks, heat the butter and marshmallows in the microwave for 30 seconds, stirring until smooth. Mix in the Rice Krispies.
- Working quickly, shape the mixture into 12 balls and press two together to form the heads and bodies of six chicks.
- Decorate with sweets, using the white chocolate as glue. Place a bird in each nest.
- Use edible pearls or candy-coated sunflower seeds for the beaks and eyes, and yellow Smarties for wings.
- Pop a Rice Krispies ball in the microwave for about eight seconds to soften it to decorate, if necessary.