Serve these yummy individual chicken pot pies with a salad for a light lunch.
The April holidays are upon us, and families across the country are taking time out to spend some quality time with their loved ones. This quick and easy chicken pot pie recipe will allow you to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your kids.
You will need
For the pastry
- 1 roll of puff pastry, thawed
- Sesame or poppy seeds
- 1 egg, beaten
For the filling
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 400g chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tsp chicken spice
- 2 cups All Gold Tomato and Herb Pasta Sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup roasted butternut, diced into small cubes
- ½ cup black pepper-flavoured feta cheese, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- In a pan, on medium heat, add the oil and fry the onion and garlic until softened. Then add the chicken breast.
- Season the chicken with spice and cook until it is browned.
- Add the pasta sauce and bring to the boil.
- Season if necessary.
- Take off the heat and fold in the roasted butternut and feta. Mix to combine.
- Grease large ramekins and add the filling until two-thirds full.
- Roll out the puff pastry. Cut out rounds to cover the filled ramekins, but allow enough pastry to fold over the edge.
- Make a small slit in the top and brush the pastry with egg wash.
- Sprinkle over the sesame or poppy seeds
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the pastry is puffed up and golden brown.
Visit www.allgold.co.za for more info and an exciting competition.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.