Private Hotel School graduate, Lorenzo Landauer shares his go-to carrot cake recipe. It’s super easy and delicious! You’ll never use another recipe again.
- 2½ cups flour
- 1¼ cups oil
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 3 grated carrots
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup chopped pecan nuts
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Beat the eggs and sugar very well, add the oil and beat again until blended. Sift all the dry ingredients into the mixture and mix.
- Combine the carrots and nuts and start to fold in the combined mixture.
- Once the mixture is thick and combined, bake in a well-greased baking tin for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool completely before icing.
Ingredients for the Vanilla Icing:
- 125g Butter
- 125g Cream cheese
- 500g icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Cream the butter and icing sugar together until very stiff.
- Stir in by hand the cream cheese and vanilla. Begin to stir and mix well until it is combined and glossy.
- Use a palette knife to spread the icing evenly all over the cake. Decorate with more pecan nuts or edible carrot decorations
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.