This baked ricotta cheesecake is served in small ramekins, making it a delightful sweet dessert for any occasion. The recipe contains rice flour and potato flour, which are both gluten free. The eggs are an excellent source of protein, as is the ricotta, which is lower in fat than other cheeses.
- 450g chilled, fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 50g Pouyoukas potato flour
- 50g Pouyoukas rice flour
- 4 tbsp castor sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- Fresh lemon slices, lemon rind and honey to serve
- Place the ricotta cheese in a large bowl and break it up with a fork.
- Add the eggs, potato flour, rice flour, castor sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and honey. Mix all the ingredients together well.
- Grease four small ramekins and divide the mixture, filling each one almost to the top. Place on a baking tray in a preheated 180°C oven for 20 minutes or until the cheesecake is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature. Run a knife around the edges of each cheesecake and carefully turn out.
- Serve with fresh lemon slices, lemon rind and honey.
Visit the Pouyoukas website for more delicious recipes and info about their products.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.