*Makes 4 Pitta Pockets
- 2 eggs
- 200g tinned tuna in sunflower oil, drained
- 100g tinned sweetcorn, drained
- 2tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 spring onions, washed and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- A few drops of Tabasco sauce
- A handful of salad cress (optional)
- 2 pitta breads
- Put the eggs in a saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes (the yolk should be solid).
- Drain and cool under cold water and peel the eggs when cold.
- Meanwhile, strain the oil from the can of tuna and mix the flaked tuna together with the sweetcorn, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, spring onion, salt and pepper and the Tabasco sauce.
- Roughly chop the hard-boiled eggs and add to the tuna mix with the salad cress (if using), stirring well.
- Cut the pitta breads in half to give 4 pitta pockets and divide the mixture between them.