The whole family will love these yummy malva pudding cupcakes - perfect to serve after your Sunday lunch!
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2/3 cup full cream milk
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 cup Sasko Cake Flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup cream
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 250ml cream
- 60ml icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Beat the sugar and eggs together until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the apricot jam and melted butter and whisk/beat to combine.
- Stir the vinegar into the milk and pour into the egg mixture and stir through.
- Sift the dry ingredients and whisk together before adding to the wet ingredients. Whisk to form a smooth batter.
- Line a muffin baking tray with large, high-sided cupcake casings.
- Pour equal amounts of the batter into each of the 12 casings.
- Bake in the oven for 15 – 18 minutes; check if they are done by inserting a knife into the centre of one of the cupcakes. If it comes out clean, they’re done.
- While the cupcakes are in the oven, place all the sauce ingredients into a saucepan and heat gently, stirring continuously, until the sugar has dissolved, then remove from the heat.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven when they’re done and make holes with a fork in them. Pour 1 tablespoon of sauce over the cupcakes and give it time to absorb before serving.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely in the muffin tray before adding the topping.
- Beat the cream and icing sugar together until stiff en scoop on top of the cupcakes.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.