Oat pancakes are the perfect way to start your day, plus it’s a healthy breakfast option. Top them off with some fresh fruit and honey.
In challenging times like these, when social-distancing means rethinking how often you should go to the grocery store, you have to make smarter shopping choices. This means not only purchasing items that are long-lasting and affordable, but also ones that are healthy for you.
“Healthy eating should remain a top priority, especially during times like these. There are plenty of food options available to provide your body with the right nourishment, without breaking the bank,” says Kershnee Kallee, marketing manager for Jungle Oats.
Try these yummy pancakes made with oats, which is affordable and healthy!
- 500ml Golden Cloud Cake Flour
- 15ml baking powder
- 5ml salt
- 250ml Jungle Oats
- 5ml sugar
- 500ml milk
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 50ml oil for frying
How to make your oat pancakes:
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the Jungle Oats and sugar.
- Mix the milk, eggs and oil.
- Blend the flour and milk mixture into a smooth batter. Extra water can be added if the batter is too thick.
- Allow the batter to rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized pan and fry pancakes one at a time until golden on both sides.
- Serve the pancakes with cinnamon sugar, or any fruit of your choice.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.