- Preparation time: 15 min
- Cooking time 5 min
- Makes 10 portions
- 10 slices Sasko Low GI White Bread
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g tin tomatoes, chopped
- 15g basil leaves
- 1 tsp sugar
- Olive oil
- 200g parmesan, grated
- 25g parsley, chopped
- 100g Mozzarella, grated
- 100g full fat cream cheese
- 50g butter at room temperature
- Micro basil cress
- Roll out the bread and remove the crust.
- Fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Cook for 15 min until the sauce thickens.
- Add the basil and blend.
- Mix the grated Parmesan and chopped parsley together and season with salt and pepper.
Assembling your pizza roll-up:
- Place the rolled out bread on a baking tray.
- Mix the Mozzarella and cream cheese together.
- Spread the sauce on the bread and top with the Mozzarella and cream cheese.mixture.
- Roll up your pizza. Brush with melted butter and dust with Parmesan crust.
- Bake at 180°C for 15 min.
- Cut into 3 pieces and garnish with micro basil.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day.