Try this easy-to-make family friendly fish recipe from leading cookery author, Annabel Karmel.
Recipe Credit: Top 100 Meals in Minutes
For more delicious time-saving recipes from purees to family meals, check-out Annabel’s Top 100 Meals in Minutes recipe book (Ebury Press).
Makes: 20 balls
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Suitable for freezing
- 250g cod fillet, skinned
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 1½ tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 25g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- 25g Japanese dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
For the sauce
- 3 tbsp plum sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp Soy sauce
TIP: As an alternative to cod, you could use hake.
- Whiz the cod in a food processor, until roughly chopped, and then transfer to a bowl.
- Add the spring onions, sweet chilli sauce, cheese, Soy sauce, egg yolk and breadcrumbs. Mix together and shape into 20 balls.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the balls for about 8-10 minutes, until lightly golden and cooked through.
- To make the sauce: Put all of the sauce ingredients into a small saucepan. Gently warm through and serve with the balls.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.