Try this delicious recipe for meat-free Monday!
A curry is always a winning recipe – especially for dinner!
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp red curry paste (about 80g)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Thumb-size piece fresh ginger, grated
- 500g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
- 500g white button mushrooms, quartered
- 200g pack baby spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Fresh lime wedges, to serve
- Wild rice, to serve
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook the onion and curry paste until the onion is soft and golden, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato, chickpeas, chopped tomatoes and coconut milk. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the baby spinach and taste for seasoning.
- Scatter with fresh coriander and serve with lime wedges and wild rice.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.