This mud looking dessert is easy to make and is perfect for a bug themed party. By Noeleen Foster
- Chocolate custard (can be bought to save time)
- Chocolate cake, crumbled (you can also buy cake to save time)
- Oreo cookies and Flakes
- The first layer in the cups will be the chocolate custard (about 2 tablespoons).
- Then add the crumbled chocolate cake (fill about 2cm up).
- Add a tablespoon of crushed Oreo cookies.
- Repeat the layers again.
- Top with crushed Flake and Oreo cookies.
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup corn starch (Maizina)
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup fresh cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Place the sugar, corn starch and cocoa powder in a thick-bottomed pot. Mix to combine.
- Place the pot on the stovetop over medium heat. Add about half a cup of milk. Whisk to combine with the sugar mixture.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, remaining milk, cream and vanilla essence, and gradually add this to the pot, whisking constantly until the mixture begins to boil. Continue cooking for 3 to 5 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
- Refrigerate for two hours before serving.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.