These pancakes with a twist are perfect for a rainy day!
- 1 packet Sasko Quick Treats Pancake Mix
- 940ml water
- 2 eggs
- 10ml oil
Milk tart filling:
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 80ml Sasko Cake Flour
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2tsp vanilla
- 1 cup Sasko Cake Flour
- 2tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar
- 100g butter, chopped
- Cinnamon-sugar, to serve
- Place the pancake mix in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and milk separately, and then mix it into the dry ingredients with the butter or oil.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat a non-stick pan and ladle a small amount of batter into the pan.
- Swirl the pan around to evenly coat it with batter.
- When the edges begin to lift, flip over and cook the other side until brown.
To make the filling:
- Heat half the milk with the cinnamon stick until just below boiling point then set aside to infuse.
- Whisk the remaining cold milk with the flour and ground cinnamon to form a smooth paste then whisk in the hot milk.
- Cook over a medium heat until thick and the flour is cooked out.
- Flavour with vanilla and remove the cinnamon stick.
- Set aside (cover the surface with cling wrap to prevent a skin from forming).
To make the crumbles:
- Make the crumbles by combining the flour, cinnamon and sugar and rubbing in the butter to form large crumbs
- Spread on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 15-20 minutes, stirring every now and then until golden and crisp.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve the pancakes spread with the milk tart filling, a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar and the crumbles.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.