It is pizza day on 9 February. Get the family together in the kitchen and create your own delicious pizzas with this easy pizza dough recipe.
On a tight budget? Instead of ordering pizza from your local takeaway shop, or going out for dinner, have a family night at home and make your own delicious pizzas using this easy pizza dough recipe.
- 150g Sasko Cake Wheat Flour
- 100g Sasko White Bread Flour
- 10gsachet instant yeast
- 1 cuplukewarm water
- Flour for dusting
- Toppings of your choice (herbs, tomato, cheese, salami, mushrooms, bacon, pineapple)
- Pour all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl and stir together to combine.
- Pour in the water and stir with a fork until a bread dough starts to form, then turn out onto a floured surface and bring together to form a ball.
- Knead the dough for 6-8 mins until it becomes silky and elastic in texture.
- Dust a bowl with Sasko cake wheat flour and put the dough in, cover with a cloth, place in a warm place and leave to rise for 20-30 mins or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 240°C.
- Beat the dough back down and divide into 3 smaller balls.
- Dust a rolling surface with SASKO cake wheat flour, place the dough balls on the flour, cover with a cloth and allow to rise for a further 10-15 mins.
- Dust the pizza dough with more flour and roll out to your desired pizza shapes.
- Dust a baking tray with flour to prevent pizzas from sticking.
- Transfer the pizza base to the baking tray, prick with a fork, top with toppings of your choice and bake in the oven for 7-10 mins or until crisp around the edges and beginning to brown.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.