Serve this yummy dip with nacho chips or vegetables for a healthy snack.
Pack a beta-carotene punch this summer! Maximise nutrients with this scrumptious carrot hummus.
- 500g carrots, peeled and cut in half
- Pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus 2 tbsp for roasting the carrots
- 1 garlic clove
- Place the halved and peeled carrots on a non-stick baking tray. Season with the salt, chilli flakes and ground cumin. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Roast the carrots for 25 minutes at 180°C.
- Blend the carrots with the remaining ingredients.
- Add up to ½ cup water (depending on your desired consistency) and keep blending until smooth.
- Garnish and enjoy!
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day. Learn more about Xanet Scheepers.