Instead of buying bags of candy for Halloween (if you are celebrating it), why not make these cute bat treats instead. The kids will enjoy them much more than toffees.
- 152g packet Oreo cookies
- 250g dark chocolate, chopped
- 46 candy eye balls
- 46 white chocolate chips
- Twist the cookies open and scrape off the icing. Break the biscuits in half and count out 46 halves. Blitz the remaining cookies with the icing until combined. Press into a teaspoon mould to form balls.
- Heat the chocolate in the microwave for about 1½ minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Spoon small dollops into 23 mini paper cups and top with the Oreo balls. Cover with dollops of chocolate until cups are almost full. Set in the fridge for about 10 minutes until hard. Peel off the paper cups.
- Cut one side of the chocolate chips slightly flatter, place flat side down, to make the fangs. Remelt remaining chocolate and use this to stick the corners of the two Oreo halves, two eye balls and two chocolate chip fangs onto a chocolate cup. Repeat with the rest.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals.