Tired of malva pudding for Sunday dessert? Try this cheesecake with a delicious pumpkin twist.
For the base
- 1 packet ginger biscuits (200 g)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
For the cheesecake
- 500g diced pumpkin
- Salt for seasoning
- 60ml milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 500g Lancewood Full Fat Plain Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar (white or brown sugar)
- 2 eggs
For the base
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Blend the ginger biscuits in a blender until fine.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and allow it to cool.
- Mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter and build the base in a 10-inch greased and lined cake tin.
- Place the tin in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow the base to cool.
For the filling
- Place the pumpkin on a roasting tray, season with salt, and roast at 200°C for about 45 minutes until the pumpkin is soft and slightly caramelised. Transfer the pumpkin into a mixer and add the milk, butter and all spices and mix until smooth. Add the cream cheese and mix until smooth ( about 2 minutes at a medium speed). Now slowly add the sugar while mixing.
- Add one egg at a time, ensuring that each egg is well mixed before adding the next. Now add the pumpkin mixture and mix for a further minute or so until everything is well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and place in the oven. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool for 2 hours.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from tin when ready to serve.
Feeling inspired? Simply submit a picture of your best cake to lancewoodcakeoff.co.za (clearly showing the LANCEWOOD product used to create it), along with the recipe to enter this year’s LANCEWOOD Cake-Off. Entries close at midnight on 3 June 2018.