A good stir-fry is a great solution for a quick, nutritious meal in minutes. To prevent the vegetables from going soggy it’s essential to learn the ins and outs of creating the perfect stir fry. Follow these tips from McCain and Chef Charl Gyzen.
Ingredients (to make 4 servings):
- 200g Beef strips
- 100g Chinese egg noodles
- 500ml Water
- 20ml Oil
- 20ml Soy
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 100g McCain Asian Stir Fry
- 5ml Ginger
- 5ml Beef stock granules
- 125ml Water
- TT Salt
- TT Pepper
For the Marinade:
- 15ml Soy sauce
- 5ml Sugar
- 10ml Cornflour
- 30ml Oil
- 45ml Mirin or white wine
- Mix the marinade ingredients together, add the beef strips and set aside.
- Bring the water to the boil and cook the Chinese egg noodles.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the noodles. Add a little soy sauce, stir through to coat and set aside.
- Wipe out the pan, heat a little oil and fry the garlic followed by the McCain Asian Stir Fry vegetables.
- Season with salt and ginger and set aside.
- Wipe out the pan and fry the beef strips with the marinade.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the vegetables to the beef mixture followed by the noodles.
- Season to taste and serve.
Handy Cooking Tips:
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.