Make these healthy Greek burgers for lunch, or serve them for dinner with baked potato wedges – a real treat.
Prep time: 10 min
Tip: You can swap the ground pork for beef or chicken.
- 450g beef mince
- 2 tbsp fresh wholewheat breadcrumbs
- ? cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped black olives
- 1 egg
- 100g red onion
- Salt and pepper
- Finely chop the olives and red onion and mix with the remaining ingredients.
- Divide the mixture into six even portions and shape into circular flat disks.
- Place the patties on a plate and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Grill in a hot pan or on a braai grid for five minutes per side.
- Serve with burger buns and fillings of your choice.
Go to www.weighless.co.za for more healthy recipes.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.