Now you’ll want your tot to play with her food before eating it.
*Makes about 30
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp coconut flour
- Pinch gluten-free baking powder
- 3 tbsp xylitol
- Pinch salt
- 200g sugar-free peanut butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking trays with baking paper. Combine the flour, baking powder, xylitol and salt.
- Mix the peanut butter, eggs, vanilla, oil and milk until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and mix to form a dough.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of baking paper to 7mm thickness. Use an 8 x 5cm puzzle cookie cutter to cut out shapes and place on the prepared trays.
- Re-roll offcuts.
- Bake one tray at a time, for about 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on the trays. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Make these dairy- free by replacing the milk with coconut milk.
- Puzzle cookie cutters are available from baking stores.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day.