Grilled chicken breast strips make good finger food and limit messiness when your little one feeds himself.
*Prep time: 28 minutes (including 20 minutes for marinating)
*Cooking time: 6 minutes
*Not suitable for freezing
*Suitable from 10 months onwards
- 1 skinned chicken breast batted out to 5mm thick
- A little olive oil for griddling
- Half garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp caster sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cover the chicken breasts with cling film or greaseproof paper and flatten with a mallet.
- Cut the chicken into strips.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade and marinate the chicken for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat the griddle and brush with a little oil. Remove the chicken from the marinade and griddle for about 3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Serve with vegetables like baby carrots or broccoli that your baby can pick up with his fingers.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.