Recipe by Zola Nene
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 250g butter, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 150g Jungle Energy Crunch Granola
- 50g dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Rub in the butter until breadcrumb consistency.
- Beat together the eggs and buttermilk, then mix into the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the Jungle Energy Crunch Granola and cranberries, then press the mixture firmly into a lined square baking tin.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and slice into rusks.
- Turn the oven down to 90°C.
- Place the cut pieces onto flat baking trays and dry in the oven with the door slightly ajar – this will take about 4 hours.
- Store in an air-tight container and serve with tea or coffee.