Whether you’re trying to cut down your child’s sugar-intake or if your child is gluten intolerant, these gluten and sugar-free cake lollies will be a hit.
*Makes about 8
- 1 egg
- ½ tbsp water
- 2 tbsp cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1⁄3 cup almond flour
- ½ tsp gluten-free baking powder
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp granulated xylitol
- Food colouring of your choice
- ¼ cup xylitol icing
How to make the cake lollies
- Blitz the egg, water, cream cheese and vanilla in a blender until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon and granulated xylitol.
- Divide between 3 bowls and colour each.
- Set aside for 2 minutes.
- Remove the glass plate from the microwave and place a piece of baking paper on top, then grease with cooking spray.
- Add a teaspoonful of each colour on top of each other and insert a skewer. Repeat with the rest, (you should be able to do 4 at a time). Microwave for about 20 seconds until cooked. Cool.
- Combine the xylitol icing and about 1 tsp water to form a thick icing that should be able to drizzle.
- Add colour, if you like. Drizzle over the cakes.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.