- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup Brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- Your favourite ginger bread decorations!
- Beat sugar, brown sugar, butter, and molasses in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon, until well mixed.
- Stir in egg and milk until blended.
- Stir in flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt & nutmeg
- Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Heat oven to 180° c.
- Roll dough on floured non-stick surface to about 5mm thickness
- Rolling out half at a time.
- Cut your shapes with cookie-cutters and place at least 3cm apart on a baking sheet in a pan.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack (or wooden cutting board), let cool to room temperature. Decorate and enjoy!
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals.