- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup Brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- Your favourite ginger bread decorations!
- Beat sugar, brown sugar, butter, and molasses in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon, until well mixed.
- Stir in egg and milk until blended.
- Stir in flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt & nutmeg
- Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Heat oven to 180° c.
- Roll dough on floured non-stick surface to about 5mm thickness
- Rolling out half at a time.
- Cut your shapes with cookie-cutters and place at least 3cm apart on a baking sheet in a pan.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack (or wooden cutting board), let cool to room temperature. Decorate and enjoy!