“Not only do they taste delicious, your little ones will love making these yummy treats. It is the perfect fun activity to do over the long weekend,” says John Bradshaw, Pick n Pay’s head of marketing.
Easter egg ice-cream sandwich
The best way to enjoy the last of the warmer days.
Time: More than 2 hours
- 1 packet (125g) speckled eggs
- 1 packet (85g) Smarties mini eggs
- 6-8 chocolate hollow eggs
- 12 marshmallow eggs
- ½ tub (1L) vanilla ice cream, softened
- 6 chocolate hot cross buns
- Place all the chocolate eggs in a zip seal bag.
- Using a rolling pin, bash until coarse and place in a large bowl.
- Tear marshmallow eggs into pieces and add.
- Add soft ice cream and mix well.
- Scoop into a deep 1 litre dish and freeze overnight.
- Slice hot cross buns in half and toast each on a hot griddle pan.
- Scoop Easter egg ice cream onto half the hot cross buns and sandwich together with remaining buns and serve.
Chocolate s’more parcels
Unleash your inner child.
Time: Less than 15 minutes
- 6 hot cross buns
- 1 large (150g) chocolate slab
- 12 large white marshmallows
- Slice open hot cross buns and lightly toast the cut side in a dry pan or sandwich press.
- Break chocolate slab into blocks and divide between buns.
- Place marshmallows onto each bun and sandwich closed.
- Wrap each bun in foil and bake at 160°C for 10-15 minutes.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.