- 4 large wholewheat pita breads
- 30g canola margarine
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Pre-heat the grill.
2. Mix the margarine, pesto and Parmesan cheese together, and spread over one side of the pita bread.
3. Grill for 4–5 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
4. Remove and allow to cool before cutting into sticks,
* Freezes well.
Serve the breadsticks with crudités and avocado and low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese dip for a lunch snack.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.