As we start easing into a more ‘normal’ routine, you’ll have to get back into the routine of packing lunchboxes and baking snacks for your little ones.
We have the perfect recipe – although it’s healthy, it will still satisfy your little one’s craving for something sweet.
Chef Lerato Panyane from Capsicum Culinary Studio’s Boksburg campus shares this recipe for the easiest oatmeal cookies ever – perfect to nibble on at home or to pack in a lunchbox if you’re returning to work, or school.
Ingredients for oatmeal cookies:
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup quick cooking oats, uncooked
- ¼ cup raisins, coconut, chopped nuts or chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl, combine the mashed bananas, oats and your add-in ingredient.
- Spoon tablespoons of mixture onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are brown.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.