This delicious treat is perfect for birthday parties or as a special treat with tea time.
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 ½ cups desiccated coconut
- 1 can of condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- Sift icing sugar and cream of tartar into a large bowl.
- Mix vanilla essence into the can of condensed milk.
- Add coconut and condensed milk mixing well to combine all.
- Scoop out generous mounds with a teaspoon and roll into balls.
- Then roll again into loose coconut to cover the balls.
- Let them rest for an hour or so, will be ready to pack and store once set.
Xanet is an award-winning journalist and Living and Loving’s digital editor. She has won numerous awards for her health and wellness articles and was a finalist for the Discovery Journalist of the Year in 2009 and again in 2011 for the Discovery Best Health Consumer Reporting and Feature Writing category. She is responsible for our online presence across social media channels and makes sure our moms have fresh and interesting articles to read every day.