Do you have some extra cookies, pretzels and chocolate in your cupboard? Make these fun dragonfly and flower treats.
*Makes 12 of each
For the dragonflies
- 300g white chocolate
- ½ tbsp sunflower oil
- Food colouring of your choice
- 12 pretzel sticks
- 24 pretzels
- 70g box Smarties (optional)
- Sprinkles of your choice
- 15ml chocolate vermicelli (optional)
For the flowers
- 12 x 4.5cm cookies (like mini stroopwafels or soetkoekies)
- 12 white chocolate buttons
- 2 x 70g boxes Smarties
- For the dragonflies, heat the chocolate and oil in the microwave for about a minute or two, stirring every 30 seconds, until just melted. Divide the chocolate between two or three bowls and colour each with a few drops of food colouring. Cool to thicken slightly.
- Using a fork, dip a pretzel stick in one of the coloured chocolates, shake off excess and place on a piece of baking paper. Top with Smarties, if you like – either one as a head, or five or six in different colours for the body). Repeat with the rest, leaving an 8cm space between each.
- Dip two pretzels in the coloured chocolate and angle on one of the sticks (of a different colour) to resemble dragonflies. Add sprinkles on the wings, if you like. Place two chocolate vermicelli on the front of the pretzel as the antennae. Repeat with the rest. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes, until hard.
- For the flowers, line the glass turntable of your microwave with baking paper and pack the cookies on this. Place a chocolate button on each. Microwave for about one and a half minutes, until the chocolate is soft.
- Place a Smartie in the middle of each chocolate button and surround this with six Smarties in a different colour.
- Repeat with the rest. Chill in the fridge for about 15 minutes, until hard.
If the chocolate sets while dipping, heat in the microwave for a few seconds to melt again.