If there has ever been a time to indulge your chocolate craving, it’s today. After all, you can’t celebrate chocolate cupcake day without chocolate.
*Makes 12 cupcakes
Oven temperature: 180°C
- 2 eggs
- 250ml sugar
- 250ml flour
- 30ml cocoa powder
- 5ml baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 125ml milk
- 100ml oil
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 100ml STAFFORDS chocolate chips
- 200ml STAFFORDS dark chocolate disks
- 100ml cream
- 80ml cake crumbs
- 80ml coconut
- Cocoa powder for rolling
- 200ml Staffords dark chocolate
- 80ml cream
- Beat the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, then add the milk, oil and vanilla essence. Mix together until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a lined muffin tray. Bake in a preheated oven of 180°C for 12 to 15 minutes, or until they are cooked through. Allow to cool.
- Heat the cream in a small pot until hot, but not boiling. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and allow it to melt into the cream. Add the cake crumbs and enough coconut to form small balls. Roll the balls and then coat in cocoa.
- For the icing, heat the cream, until hot but not boiling, remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Allow it to melt into the cream, allow cool and to firm up, and use it to ice the cupcakes. Top each cupcake with the truffles and chocolate chips.