Rooibos Biscuits dipped in white chocolate
- 500g Sasko Quick Treats Cookie Mix
- 1 ½ tbsp Rooibos/Chai Rooibos tea leaves
- 140g butter (at room temperature)
- 1 extra large egg
- 200g white chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line two large baking trays.
- Put the Sasko Cookie mix into a mixing bowl with the tea leaves and whisk well.
- Add the butter and rub into the cookie mix with your hands until a bread-crumb-like consistency is formed.
- Whisk the egg in a smaller mixing bowl.
- Add the egg to the cookie mix and combine with a wooden spoon.
- Remove tablespoons of the dough from the mix and roll into little balls (about the size of a R5 coin) and place them, 5cm apart, onto the lined baking trays. You should get about 35-40 cookies from the mixture.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- (Allow to cool completely before dipping into the chocolate.)
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt in a double boiler on low heat.
- Dip half of the tops of each cookie into chocolate and place on a sheet of baking paper to dry.
- Allow the chocolate to set completely before storing in an airtight container. (This will take a few hours.)
Cheesy oat scones
- 350g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 150g Pouyoukas whole rolled oats
- 100g grated cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 125 ml buttermilk, add a little more if needed
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Place flour in a large bowl and stir in baking powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Dice butter into tiny pieces and rub into flour mixture using finger tips until mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Stir in rolled oats and cheese.
- Make a well in the centre and add eggs and buttermilk.
- Mix until dough comes together, adding a little more buttermilk if needed.
- Gently roll dough out on a floured surface to 2-3 cm thickness and cut out rounds.
- Place slightly apart on a baking tray, brush tops with milk and sprinkle with 1 tbs rolled oats.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with cheese or butter.
Our experienced editors work with trained journalists and qualified experts to compile accurate, insightful and helpful information about pregnancy, birth, early childhood development and parenting. Our content is reviewed regularly by our panel of advisors, which include medical doctors and healthcare professionals. Meet the Living & Loving Team and our Online Experts.